Coursework and deadline extensions
The IB has implemented the following deadline extensions for schools currently closed due to COVID-19.
- eCoursework early component deadline (15 March) extended to 12 April.
- Internal assessment deadline (20 April) extended to 20 May.
- CAS completion entry deadline (1 June) extended to 3 July.
- Predicted grade entry for DP, CP and MYP is extended to 1 May.
- MYP personal project and ePortfolio deadline (20 April) extended to 20 May.
- Externally assessed components for film, dance, music, theatre and visual arts extended to 30 May.
- CP service learning and language development components to 1 June.
- Language A: literature school-supported, self-taught alternative oral to 30 May.
For language orals, please ensure that the principles and procedures below are adhered to:
- Copy of any abstract / stimulus sent to the candidates must be clean copies
- Copy of any abstract / stimulus sent to the candidates must not be previously known / discussed with the candidate
- Preparation time must be supervised (remotely)
- Notes taken during the supervised preparation time must be short
- Notes taken during the supervised preparation time must only be consulted and not be read during the recording time
- The room should be free of any written material on the walls/ceilings, regardless of whether these appear related to the subject being examined (some judgement may be required regarding visual material)
- Only one blank piece of paper must be available on the candidate’s desk for note taking.
A LEVEL , GCSE
All UK schools will close immediately to staff and most pupils from Friday afternoon until further notice.Johnson said nurseries and private schools would also be asked to close, ans exams would not take place in May and June.
College Board is canceling the May 2, 2020 SAT administration. Makeup exams for the March 14 administration (scheduled for March 28) are also canceled.
- Students who already registered for May, whose March test centers were closed, or who do not receive March scores because of any irregularities will receive refunds.
- In the coming days, College Board will share additional information and details directly with registered students and test centers
- Collegeboard has not yet canceled the June 6, 2020 SAT administration and will continue to assess its status, with the health and safety of students and educators as top priority. They are also exploring the possibility of adding an international SAT administration later this school year.
UK UNIVERSITY CLOSURES
Edinburgh, Bristol, King’s college London, Warwick University, Glasgow, Cambridge, Liverpool
- Exams will be taken from home or cancelled:
- Lectures cancelled with classes moving online:
Oxford, UCL, Imperial College London, The University of Glasgow, Exeter’s Law, Durham, Lancaster, Liverpool, Southampton, Man Met, Northumbria, LSE, Manchester, Newcastle, Quenn’s University Belfast, Coventry, Aberdeen’s RGU, and Strathclyde have cancelled face-to-face lectures.
- Graduations being postponed:
- Trips, international travel, and placements are being cancelled:
Sheffield, Cardiff, Birmingham, Sussex, Durham